How many of you watched Davina McCall’s programme ‘Sex, myths and the menopause’ a few months’ ago and thought, finally someone understands what’s happening to me???!!!
Some staggering statistics from that show included:
· At the moment, 13 million women are going through the menopause in the UK-or The Change as we lovingly call it in Northern Ireland.
· The menopause will effect over half of the UK population.
· The average age for menopause is 51, with the perimenopause starting years earlier.
· GP’s normally prescribe anti-depressants for women who go to them for help with their symptoms.
· 1 in 3 women don’t even bother to go to their GP for help.
· Reports in the press about HRT over the past decade or so have terrified us from taking it.
· 9 out of 10 women feel that the menopause has had a negative impact on their working life, either being ‘managed’ out of their role or having left due to a lack of understanding or support from their employers.
Some interesting positive information has come out though:
Two years ago, the British Medical Journal published a review of alternative treatments for hot flushes:
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
These were the only alternative treatments that they recommended as being effective to reduce hot flushes (vasomotor symptoms). Yet the benefits of hypnotherapy for menopause are rarely talked about and very few doctors or women know of its positive outcomes. Hypnotherapy can be a highly effective treatment to help women regain control over their bodies, reduce hot flushes, help with sleep problems, relax, reduce stress and anxiety.
A study conducted by the University of Texas and Baylor University has shown that hypnotherapy can reduce menopausal symptoms, i.e. hot flushes by up to 75%.
Recently, the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph have also run stories explaining how hypnotherapy can be helpful to women experiencing the menopause.
It’s a proven fact that hypnotherapy can help women adjust, to cope with, and to look forward to the rest of their lives, without suffering.
Hypnotherapy can help to reduce the degree to which you suffer from its various physical and emotional symptoms, some of which are listed below:
· Hot flushes
· Night sweats
· Sleep issues
· Mood swings
· Brain fog and lack of concentration
· Weight gain
Hypnotherapy can help you to face the future with confidence as well as handle the present with equanimity.
There is absolutely no reason why this cannot be the beginning of your life’s finest chapter yet!!
Contact me at: causewaycoasthypnotherapy.com if you would like to find out more.